now browsing by month
Having taken a back seat to indie and pop music in the late 1990s, demand for concert tickets to gigs by hard rick and metal acts is once again high and the genre is experiencing a renaissance. Let’s have a look at the Top 5 concert Tickets tips for Hard Rock and Metal.
1. Rammstein – Germany’s highest selling hard rock export bring their famous pyrotechnics and flair for the dramatic to the UK in February. With plenty of time to buy your tickets, make sure you catch these notorious legends of hard rock in Manchester, Birmingham or London.
2. Them Crooked Vultures – Why should you buy concert tickets to Them Crooked Vultures if, like many, you’ve never heard of them? Chances are you’ve heard of Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana and the Foo Fighters and Led Zeppelin. Them Crooked Vultures are Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones who, between them, have a hard rock pedigree unlike any other. They’re touring the UK in December so make sure to get tickets to what will be one of the gigs of the year.
3. Deep Purple – A band which has sold more than 100 million records is sure to know a thing or two about selling concert tickets, too. Deep Purple are back and touring the UK. So, if you’re in Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham or London, you can be 100% guaranteed tickets for the rock legends will sell faster than the guitar riffs on ‘Strange Kind of Woman’. Don’t delay!
4. Alice Cooper – He’s been selling tickets to sold-out shows for over 50 years. The scratch golfer with the amazing live show comes to the UK in November to wow UK audiences with songs like ‘No More Mr. Nice Guy’ and the classic, ‘School’s Out’. When you’ve got a fan base as massive as Alice Cooper’s, worrying about selling concert tickets won’t be something he’s used to. So get your tickets today or risk disappointment!
5. Marilyn Manson – His name is actually Brian Hugh Warner. Would you buy concert tickets to see Brian Hugh Warner rock out? The change of name to Marilyn Manson seems a pretty good idea in hindsight! The shock rocker will be touring the UK in December as part of his six-gig King Shot tour.
Collecting vintage musical instruments is popular and increasing. Good old instruments are becoming rare,valuable and are easy to find. There is several ways to find what you are looking for, and here is some hints in that direction.
Search relevant magazines or local newspapers for classified ads ,maybe you find an instrument with great collecting potential.Often private persons do not know what they have between their hands and its value. Maybe the instrument is a piece they have inherited or used themselves many years ago.Either way its a good chance to do a bargain.
Another way to find items are at local markets,flee markets and garage sales.Vintage musical instruments can turn up in the most unexpected places so keep an eagle eye close to these opportunities.
A safe place to find instruments are online.Huge amounts of dealers find,restore and sell them all over the net.Many of them have been around for years and have a huge contact net for supply of vintage musical instruments.
Most of them run their own sale sites and display their products with photos,comments and prices.As I said ,they have had the instruments restored and they definately know their value so do not excpect to do a scoop there.
Online is also large market places where powersellers and private persons can put their ads. These are sold in an auction mode, that means the instruments are displayed for some time and buyers must bid and hope to purchase them as cheap as possible.The most common marketplace on the internet is Ebay where millions of different items are for sale every day.Do a search there , I guarantee you will find what you are looking for in a short periode of time.
Of course there is several other marketplaces online to search and there is even marketplaces in each country.
In my country the most common places to sell all kind of products are QXL.no or Finn.no. I recommend you to get an overview of your options where you live and work from there. Vintage musical instruments are really good items to collect and invest so do not hesitate to grab some nice pieces.